Sunday, May 1, 2011

May is the month of Mary

Today is the beginning of May-it is a month often dedicated to Mary.  It is an opportunity to consider the role of Mary in our lives and to appreciate her as our spiritual mother. Why not try to say a decade of the rosary during the month of May. Obviously the 5 decades would be wonderful, but if time does not permit, then once decade said with reverence and concentration would indeed be powerful.

When I was a child, my family lived in UK.  I remember the processions that we had and learnt something more about Mary as my mother during that month particularly.  I remember all these many years later a hymn that we learnt:  It is as follows.

May is the month of Mary
month that we love so well
Mary is God's own mother
gladly her praises we tell

Refrain
Mary is beautiful
Mary is fair
Gladly we praise her 
in love and in prayer.

I have to say there were probably other verses, but you might like to think about Mary means to you and what you could do to appreciate her more in your life during this special month.

What will YOU do?














No comments:

Post a Comment